Division with Jurisdiction over Defense of Competition
The Division with Jurisdiction over Defense of Competition is the Functional Agency that hears, in the second and last administrative instance, the proceedings related to the defense of competition, as a consequence of appeals filed by the parties against a ruling or resolution that ends at the first instance, so that the case may be reviewed by a higher body.
It also solves complaints filed against the Commissions on competition issues, against the Indecopi Court Divisions or any official who works in them, on alleged deficiencies in the processing of a legal action. Additionally, this Division rules on requests for clarification, extension and amendment.
The Indecopi Commissions or Functional Agencies whose rulings or resolutions may be contested before the Division with Jurisdiction over Defense of Competition are:
- The Commission for Elimination of Bureaucratic Barriers
- The Regional Offices for Eliminating Bureaucratic Barriers, based in the provinces
- The Anti-Dumping and Subsidies Commission (CFD)
- The Commission for the Defense of Free Competition (CLC)
- The Commission for Bankruptcy Proceedings (CCO)
- The Regional Offices for Bankruptcy Proceedings, based in the provinces
- The Commission on Unfair Competition (CCD)
- The Regional Offices on Unfair Competition, based in the provinces
Constitute an administrative agency that promotes free and fair competition in Peru, to encourage the good functioning of the market.
Take on the challenge of being the last instance for settlement of disputes in the area of Competition in Indecopi, showing predictable, timely and quality results, to the benefit of the market and its agents.
Ascertain and settle in second and final administrative instance the proceedings related to the defense of competition, specifically free competition, unfair competition, elimination of bureaucratic barriers, bankruptcy, dumping and subsidies, standardization, regulation and monitoring of non-tariff commercial barriers.
- Develop, in a comprehensive manner, the human capital in the institution
- Improve efficiency of rulings/resolutions
- Improve Indecopi image and position